Friday, March 5, 2010

More Christmas Cards!

Well, I've got some more Christmas cards, and am now ahead of my one per week, which is a good thing! I have a couple of quilled ones to show, and a couple of cards I made from kits, that aren't quilled, but I did emboss the backgrounds, which really dressed them up.    All are embossed with Sizzix Texture plates from set #5.  These work really nice, but I use 3 cardstock shims to get them to emboss deeper. This first one is a design by Jane Jenkins © 1983.  It is a Christmas caroller, and I used 1/16" wide strips for her.  For the 2nd one, I again used Jane Jenkins designs© 1983, but modified it by changing the corner design, and adding more scrolls, and holly leaves.  She have quilled mistletoe in the top right corner.


The next 2 are from a kit, in which I bought a few of these, and then changed the layouts, and added the embossing. Besides, the texturz plates for the backgrounds, I took strips and embossed the 'Season's Greetings' & 'Merry Christmas' using the Cuttlebug Season's Greetings folder, that has has rows of different greetings.  So I just used strips,of leftover pearl card, and embossed these two certain ones. The kits come with everything, from pearl cards, which I cut, and put onto my white cards, which makes them go farther. They come with all the embellishments, and even the foam tape squares. I've had these for a while, so thought I should make use out of them.

No comments: