Sunday, September 11, 2016

May 2013 Sympathy Cards


In April 2013 we lost a well-loved family member in my mom`s family.  My great Aunt Mary, who was 104 years old, and just 5 months short of her 105th birthday.  She lived an amazing life, and was loved by all who knew her.  She was generous and gave of herself right up until the day she passed away.  She knitted hats for the homeless, close to 2500, and finished her last one the night before she died.  She was an absolute delight, and joy to be around, and every so inspiring!  These 3 cards were sympathy cards that I made when she passed away.  A couple of the designs, I have used before for other cards, so you can see how versatile these designs can be, especially when in a pinch to get something nice and meaningful done in a short time.

#1 classic peach roses, with cream linen card and embossed frame.


#2 light blue forget-me-not with embossed blue pearl cardstock.  This is a cherry blossom pattern, but in blue it looks like forget-me-nots.


 #3 a pink pearl rose on a die cut diamond, on embossed linen card. 







No comments: