Sunday, August 8, 2010

I thought I'd show you some of my pieces from April and May....

I made these a few months ago. This first one is a thank you card for one of my quilling friends in Victoria. I used the Spellbinders nestabilities inverted scalloped square to cut out the square in the card. I especially like these dies for cutting out scalloped shapes in the cards. They do an awesome job! I then used a quilled butterfly for inside the square. The texture plate is from Sizzix set # 19. It’s in shades of purples, but my camera doesn’t like purples too much, so it looks an odd color from how it really looked.  I colored the ribbon using one of my Bic markers.


This next card is a birthday card for another quilling friend in Victoria.  It’s my rose splash design. The embossing folder is the Cuttlebug A2 Happy Birthday folder. I cut the strips for the leaves using a 1/8” shredder, I think my fringed flowers were cut ¼” strips of pearl white, and the roses are about ¼” strips  of Paplin's pink pearl accessory sheets that I cut using my Fiskars Euro-trimmer. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Doreen! Will you please go and read my blog? I sent a post to the group too.

Regina said...

What adorable cards Doreen!!! Love them all!!
Have a great week!
Regina

Nagela said...

Your card is so beautiful and delicate.