Monday, February 22, 2010

Pretty in Pink

As you may notice, I often use pink colors on my cards.  This card is one of my favorite techniques.  I first saw it in the NAQG newsletter, but didn't see the detail enough to notice how it was done, or be totally taken by it.  Then, I saw it in person, when we were at a quilling meet in Victoria in October 2008 (That was the best weekend!).   When I got home, I just had to master it. so I played around and practiced to find an easy way to get the look I wanted.  For this card, I used the Victoria embossing folder, which is fitting since I saw it made in Victoria-LOL.


They take a little longer to make but are well worth it! I call them looped teardrops, as I never found a name for them. And, you can fill in the center with a quilled teardrop or leave them empty as in this card below done on light pink faux mulberry background paper.  This one was a Design Team project that I made back in 2008 for the January 2009 Custom Quilling newsletter. This techniques also makes gorgeous butterflies!


This one is bright white on darker pink. It is a simple design of teardrops, marquise and scrolls. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm! I really like the embossing behind the quilling. I usually use punched borders or back grounds. Now I'm going to have to think about embossing! Thanks, Doreen!
Pat Caputo

Michele said...

Doreen: Your work is very beautiful and inspiring. I, too, am beginning to emboss my cards. I have a Cuttlebug and use the embossing plates from both Cuttlebug and Spellbinders.It just adds a little something.
Thanks for sharing your talent.

Michele

Unknown said...

Very pretty duck!