Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Little Chalking....& Lots of Embossing!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take a tiny break from quilling, and do some chalked and embossed cards. This is the result. I don't do this technique as often as I would like, so am a little rusty add it, but like how they turned out, for the resources I had at the time. The chalked picture is a brass template, which I embossed. And yes, I did the embossing in my Bigshot machine. It does a great job at embossing with brass templates!   For the flowers, in the corner of the butterfly picture, I used my light box, as it was a seperate brass template, and I can't emboss both at once.  The butterfly background is a Fiskars texture plate, and it works pretty well in the Bigshot, but you have to add a few cardstock shims, so the pressure will emboss it deeper. The background behind the hummingbird is a Sizzix folder, called Damask. And, the one for the rose background is again, the Victoria folder by Cuttlebug. All work well in the Bigshot. The chalks I use are pearl chalks, by Pebbles Inc. I love these chalks!!! The pictures don't pick up the subtle shimmer, which they give off. For the Sympathy peel-offs, I color them myself, using Bic felts, which are alcohol based permanent markers. I'm told that Sharpies permanent markers work as well. Both them and the Bics, come in wonderful colours, so you can match your peel-offs to your cards, instead of just having standard gold, or silver! Oh, and I also colored the ribbon  on the rose card with a Bic felt as well!  So, you can also match your ribbons with these markers! 

3 comments:

Nati said...

was wonderful!
Nati(from Brazil)

Philippa said...

I've just discovered your blog, and I love the work you are doing that combines quilling with embossing. Very effective! I'll be back ...

Karthika Sen said...

beautiful work