Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thinking of You & Get Well Cards! ......Extra bits....

I'm slowly building up a stock of sympathy; thinking of you cards and get well cards. These are both for me to give and also sell, as they are always good to have on hand, just like any other occasion. This first one is a design inspired by a birthday card I got from my friend Joan in Victoria. I changed it somewhat, and of course used embossing to give it a different look as well. But it is still similar to her design.  The embossing folder is Cuttlebug,'s Floral Fantasy folder. and, the butterfly punches are a Martha Stewart punch.

The second one, I just made today. I used a Sizzix texture plate for it from set # 19. The cardstock is a yellow parchment  type. The flower is made from pieces I quilled a long time ago, and figured I should get them used!  The flower pot is embossed with a Cuttlebug 2x2" folder from the 'Thinking of you' set.

I’ve got several little cases, with quilled flowers, leaves, birds, & butterflies etc… But, so many compartments are just random colors of extra shapes, in all different sizes. This is what I am trying to use up….I must have hundreds of quilled shapes and bits waiting to get used... Just like various strips in all lengths, hundreds of them too... I'm trying to use them up, so they don't just sit there, while I take out yet another strip, use 1/2 and put the left over in a box, to just sit.... I can have a clean table, and then out of no where, it seems... there are quilled bits and assorted strips all over it! And once again my table can no longer be seen, for all of the papers on it! Every time, I clean my table, I tell myself, I am going to get all these bits used up, but next time there is even more. I'm sure many of you can relate to this at one time or another!

1 comment:

Philippa said...

I know just what you mean about left-over quilled shapes and strips! I have loads, but they all get used eventually. Once I break into a strip, I put the remaining length in a box of 'oddments' and try to search through this first whenever I need a short length for something, before pulling out a whole new strip. The colour I want is often lurking right at the bottom!